CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Unwise choice of words

Man, I've said the stupidest thing today. I feel like a fool.

I was seeing a patient on the ward at Royal Hallamshire Hospital this afternoon. After spending 30 minutes talking to him and doing the appropriate (well, at least I think they were appropriate) examination, I decided that I had bugged him enough for today. He has been one of the many nice and kind patients whom I adore. We were exchanging goodbyes, when he said " I wish you luck for your studies and I wish you have wonderful years ahead of you". I meant to say "Hope everything goes well with you", but no. Instead of that, I echoed his words instead. " I hope you have wonderful years ahead of you, too".

Crap. That was BAD.

I just wished a guy, who was recently diagnosed HIV just a fortnight ago, to have wonderful years ahead of him.

Crappy crap. I felt stupid. I realized what I said immediately and was too dumbfounded to say anything else. I just smiled and left the room instead. Oh my goodness god. I felt like banging my head to the wall.

I know, with all of the advances in medicines nowadays, HIV patients do live a better quality of life compared to the monkey years. If on treatment, their viral load and CD4 count will be very well controlled. I even saw a patient in the HIV clinic who still go for sky diving, surfing and doing some sort of humanitarian work in Ghana. Heck, he is doing the things that even I have never done before!

But still, argh, I don't know. I don't know how to explain how I feel. I just felt stupid. To tell a HIV positive patient to have a good life is just plain stupid. That's my point of view. Period.

I always have this problem with choice of words. I am never good with them. I always think too much if I've said the right thing. Or if I should just shut up when I am not suppose to say anything. I think I think too much.

Life is a lesson. *quote this from you. Cilop jap. hehe* We make mistakes, we learn from them, and move on. Hopefully I won't be making the same mistake twice cause then I would be a fool.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

akak..
X tahu la nak gelak ke nak nangis~
tapi ica gelak..huk huk..X pe la..mungkin dia x pkir pon apa yg akak cakap tuh!ok what, doakan dia camtu..Eh betul ke apa ica cakap nih!
Haha

aliaa85 said...

Hahha. tu la eica. bila fikir balik cam kelakar. but it was still stupid. hehe. harapnya dia paham niat akak baik. hehehe

ihsan_huhu said...

haha.. xsabo aku nk start clinical placement. lame plak xg pusing2 ward

Hacked by w3d0z said...

akhirnya update gaks! hehehe...

aah setuju ng eica..hope die x pkir sgt..
salu pompuan ni pkir lebih2...hehehe
relax2 cool jer..=)

dia fhm kot niat ko...

gud luck aliaa!

zahrah said...

salam...

ha...ha...ha....tak tahu...alia dah buat salah....jaga...jaga....lps ni mesti budak tu kate..."ape la Dr. ni...aku dah nak menghitung hari...kate have a good life plk???!!!"perli aku la tuuuu....hihi...relax la Doc!!sebenarnyer ape yang alia wish tu sangat bagus dan cantik sekali dari segi da'wah...maner tahu entah2 dier bertuah 'dihujung nyawanyer'....THAT'S THE GOOD LIFE FOR HIM...kerana kita tdk tahu mcm maner pengakhiran kiterrr....hihi...ntah ape2 jer akak nih!!hihi...wink~

joegrimjow said...

seb bek jadi engineer

aliaa85 said...

ihsan: weh, kau tak stat placemnet lagi?bila nak staT?

elly: haha. tu la. esp aku. suka la sgt pk lebey2. hehe. thanx elly. kau dah stat keje ekkkk?

kak zahrah: hahahha. akaakkkkk. tula saya dah buat salah. hehe. tp tu la kan. ending org mana kita tau kan. ending kite pon kite tak tau.

joe: tapi org jual herbal life ni pon kene pandai mengayat. haha