CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Malaysia oh Malaysia

oh gosh, it has been a while since i last updated this blog. and now, my hand is itching to scribble! hehe.
well, i had just returned from my 8 weeks summer holiday in Malaysia. Splendid, it was. Amazing how being close to your loved ones just makes you feel different inside. Hehe.
Hmm, anyway, I did a 3 weeks clinical attachment at Hospital Serdang for my Option SSC. Thanks to my dad who had to go through a whole lot of trouble for me. Huhu. I was the one who was at wrong as I handled things last minute. I almost had to stay in Sheffield to do my Option. Argh. But, of course, my saviour came to rescue. Aigo. Ok, i have promised myself not to do the same thing again for my elective next year, insyaAllah. Hehe. Sorry papa. Luv you lots though. Hehe
Thanx to Papa, I got to do A&E placement in Hospital Serdang. I know, it was quite far off from Subang. But, that was what I got, and I did not complain. Since I can't drive (have no guts to drive, actually. huhu), so I had to get a lift to Serdang every day. Thank you Uncle.
First day of placement. Alhamdulillah, was very relieved to find my friend doing her placement in the same department as well. Happy happy. Later, after the meeting, we were shown around by Dr Nizam. Only then, I realized, I was the only one not wearing a white coat. Oh damn. Is it a policy for the students to wear one on wards? I was panicking cause i don't have one with me. It is left in my wardrobe in sheffield. Oh great. that does not help. at all. Seriously, I felt naked at that time. Literally, that is. Huhu.
Later on, after the tour, i asked one of the doctors if they have an extra white coat. And alhamdulillah, the hospitals do offer white coat for rent! Immediately, I ran off to that place and got myself a white coat. Interesting how comfortable and relieved i felt after wearing the white coat. Haha.
To make things short, my first week was a bit boring. There was nothing much to do really. It was the second week where things only started to become interesting. I braved myself to do cannulation, and managed to successfully do one by myself after 2 initial failed attempts. Since then, I have been having this kind of 'crave' ,if i may call it that, haha, to cannulate people. Yea, crazy aren't i? When a new patient came in, I will be the first one running to the patient, hoping the patient needs to be cannulated. Hahaha. Or at least to take blood. Or even ABG. I guess i enjoy poking needles in others' veins. Hahaha.
The best experience that i gained during this placement is when i got to assist a doctor to do pleural aspiration on a MVA patient. That was supermarvellous! Now, that was one awesome hands on experience! The adrenaline rush. The pressure. The stress of having to do things right. Plus the eye of the head of department which was watching me like a hawk when i was assisting Dr Jeth for that procedure. Gosh. I loved it.
And to take histories from Malaysian patients was a completely different experience. I realized how I changed the way i speak from one patient to another. Interesting. The use of '-lah' and 'its like that wan' in an english speaking conversation miraculously emerged after being burried for quite some time. Hehe. And mind you, i had accidently said '-lah' with my English friends when i was talking to them recently. Hehe.
Oh well, i really enjoyed my placement in Malaysia. Everything is just so different. And i can't wait to actually work in Malaysia. I think my mind is made up. I am going home after i graduate insyaAllah. Just pray that i will pass this phase 3a exam first though! heheh.
Till then, wassalam =)

5 comments:

myduweet said...

ahahahha... atleast org kl ckp `lah` dgn `wan ` jee

try la dtg penang..bleh speaking hokkien plak....hooo liaaauuuu~~..ahaahahha

aliaa85 said...

hihihihi. nasib tak de kene hokkkien. kalu tk, mmg ternganga tk phm! nyway, sapakah nmg ini ye? hehe

norshazwani othman said...

uhuhu..best eh kerja kat malaysia? first time dengar ada org tak sabar nak keje kat malaysia..hoho..

Anonymous said...

nmg-ain lerr! =P

aliaa85 said...

hahahhaa. laaaaa abrreviation ker? hahah. sori nmg! hehehhe