CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

To forgive and forget.

To forgive and forget is not an easy thing to do.

Someone once told me (well, actually he just told me this just a few minutes ago. hehe) :

Anger is something that if you don't let go, it will haunt you. So, the only way to get past anger is to forgive the person that made you angry. As long as you keep that anger deep within you, the other person is the one who is winning. Cause you are the one who is stressing out and going all nutters just from thinking about it, whilst the other party is far from perturbed about it.

(Cilop from you. Takde copyright kan? Ngehehe)

So, who is at loss here? The angry person. Me, myself and I.

BUT, who am I kidding. I am no saint. For me, to forgive someone takes a LOT of effort. To forget all of those horrible things that one has done to you is one hell of a mission.

And to be fair, I think both parties need to play their part. What is the use if only one party makes the effort to patch things up, when the other party just could not be bothered?

Its not like I am not trying. I am. Trust me, I definitely am. It is just going to take a while. And a lot of effort, I guess. To put everything behind. To pretend that this never happens in the first place when it actually did. To pick things up from where we left things behind. It is one hard work, to be frank.

To mend a shattered glass. We can put in all of our effort and it might stick together again. To put a thousand pieces of glasses back together might take ages. But it will stick together again, as long as we try do something about it. But will it look as beautiful as before? I doubt it. The scars will still remain. To remind us of the past that never leaves us.

Sigh.

To forgive and forget. It is easier said than done.

3 comments:

Hacked by w3d0z said...

hmm nice entry..just think positive, perhaps..nobody's perfect...

its hard but sometimes it is good to let things go..but I would agree there are things that we never forget what people did to us..

I would say,we can forgive and hard to forget..
we can forgive but to forget something is totally different subjects..

once people betray u, the trust to that people already gone..gone with the wind...~~ uhuks..

ihsan_huhu said...

owh im an angry person when im angry.

skang dh tua nih dh slow sket

dodo said...

i'll forgive, but i'll never forget.