CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

When the safest place is not safe anymore

Yesterday, the most unthinkable thing happened.
Justify Full
My day started off quite nicely. I woke up an hour late than usual and consequently was 40 minutes late to hospital. It was my last day of my first out of three final placements as a medical student. Right after I got Dr Donnelly to sign off my proforma, I headed straight home. Smiling, delighted that I have the rest of the day off.

Later in the afternoon, I decided to join Zatil & Zalina for the new netball jersey hunt at The Moor. Alhamdulillah, we found this one beautiful jersey and all three of us fell in love with us at first sight. Hehe. Later, we headed off to Costa for a cup of coffee.

Around 5, we rushed back home and I had to pray Maghrib and cook within 1 hour. It was one hectic hour, but alhamdulillah, I managed to finish cooking by 7 pm. Within a few minutes, I scrambled to gear up for netball practise and headed off to Springfield. We played til 9 ish and we were joking and bantering around, completely unaware of the unfortunate incident that is about to happen in an hour time.

I headed off home with Zatil, and by the time we got to the front of my house, I was shocked. Our front door was left ajar. Zatil and I cautiously walked into the house, giving salam as loud as possible but nobody answered. I went into Azian's room, and found Alina sitting at Azian's study table. Azian was no where to be seen. I asked her if she knows who was the one who did not close the front door, but she was clueless about it. I went upstairs to Mira's room and asked Mira and Tima the same question, only to get the same answer. "No, we don't know".

At that time, I did not think much of it. Perhaps one of them forgot to close the door properly. Maybe that is all it is. Hence, without further ado, I went down to have dinner with Zatil in the kitchen. Around 10 ish, I walked her to the door and bade my goodbye. And I personally close the door, tight. Confident that the door was locked, I went into Azian's room to talk to Alina and Tima. I spent roughly less than 5 minutes with them in Azian's room, which is the closest to the main door.

As I walked out of Azian's room, again I found myself in shock. The front door was opened. Again. Finding it completely bizzare, I slammed the door shut and walked up to my room. Without thinking much, I switched on the light and that was when the horror begun. I found a big built white man slouching over my bed. What the......???? The only thing I remember doing was screaming my lungs out. For some reason, I found my legs frozen, unable to run or hide from this stranger who is in my bedroom.

He himself was suprised with my shouting. He quickly dropped off whatever he was holding and ran off, walking merely a few inches past me. The next thing that I remember was I screamed at him "What the h*ll are you doing here?" I did not know where I had the courage to say that. His answer was completely unacceptable. "My friend gave me the wrong address"And he kept saying sorry as he tried to run out of my house.

Immediately right after he left, I went down to talk to Alina and Tima. As I walked down the stairs, I found my old Guess wristwatch (which is completely old) and Eica's mobile phone and pouch lying on the stairs. I knew immediately that these must have been the things that he was trying to rob from us. Mira got out of her room eventually and I told them about what happened.

Later, Azian got home with a few other mates after I rang her to tell her about the incident. Eica and Qilote also got home a few minutes later, saying that they saw a man suspicously lurking around the corner of our house. From their description, it sounds like the same man.

The cops came within 30 minutes later. I told them what happened and tried to describe that guy as best as I can. I obviously could not really remember much as I was too afraid at that time. I found myself shaking the whole night. Everytime I walked into my room, I kept imagining that guy bending over at the corner of my bed. I tried to sleep last night, but could not shake the memory out of my head. All of the "What ifs.." popped into my head and that brought shivers down my spine.

However, alhamdulillah, nobody was hurt and nothing was taken.

Who would have thought that I would have such an awful ending to such a lovely day?

6 comments:

ihsan_huhu said...

apsal x pukul pkai kayu ke ape

- said...

huihhhh!
oih..hoii..
gileeeee.
i x tau nk ckp pe sbb terkejut gileeee!
r u ok????

Hacked by w3d0z said...

cuak giler aliaa! waaa takutnyeee...

seb baik ko xde ape2...fuh itu yg penting

and seb baik die x amek brg2 tu...huhu..ade cap jari x kt hp eica tu??

huhu

haish..pintu tu mmg salu nmpk trbukak...huhu..

sbr2 aliaa!

ko take care tau!

last year pun ko g main netball ng emy! huhu..

eantyca_82 said...

babe dat is despicably insane! im glad he didnt hurt you.crazy *******! this is not the first time such incident happened kan...?

change the door lock or add more to it! kasi palang palang sket pintu n tingkap umah u tu.please be more careful ottay!!

Uncle said...

Kak, terjumpa blog kamu. Minta izin utk di'link'kan.

aliaa85 said...

ihsan: takde kayu bat nak pukul.

yana, eza, elly: i know! gila kan.

uncle: okies. izin diberi. i will put urs in mine too if u dont mind