CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Sesat dan sesat lagi.

Today is Friday. Tomorrow is Saturday. And the day of tomorrow is Sunday. And a day after Sunday will be my last day of 2 weeks holiday. And i SO do not want this holiday to end. I have been having loads and loads of fun that i am feeling extremely reluctant to return to doing placements again! Argh. But my rational head reminds me that that is SO not logical, aliaa dearie. You live for a purpose, not to play and roll around and having fun all the time. Allah does not create you in this world for that purpose, aliaa.

So, realizing that my holiday is about to come to its end, i decided to push myself to be a bit more productive. I had been lazing around (and when i say lazing around, i mean seriously lazing around not wanting to do anything at all!) for days. Hehe. My GP placement begins on Tuesday, but I only have to go to practice on Wednesday as we have introductory lectures on Tuesday. As i am fully aware of how bad i am with directions (i almost always managed to get lost. haha) , i thought it would be wise for me to go and find the place of my GP placement today, which is a place that i have never heard of before.

Swallownest Health Centre, S26 BG.

That's the only direction that was given by medical school. Useful, uhuh (read with sarcastic note to have the full effect. hehe). Hence, i had to ransack the ever so useful WWW for the directions to go there. Confused, I was. I initially had no idea where to go and how to go there. Blindly, I just searched on the internet for the best method of transportation to go there. It took me good 2 hours just to find the near-perfect solution. Hence, after the headaches, i was decided. I will take First bus from Sheffield Interchange to Swallownest High Street. That is the fastest and most convenient route for me. Determined, I hopped on the next tram and found myself on the 23A First bus to Rotherham.

First of all, I had no idea where this place is. So, i had no idea where to stop. I only had the name of the stop, which did not give much of a help. I still was clueless when to ring the buzzer to stop the bus. And, secondly, i was on my own. Oh well, this still needs to be done. Better get lost now than later. huhu. My eyes frantically searched for the word swallownest high street at each bus stops, fearing i might miss it. Yet still, i did.

Huhu. There was only the word High Street stated at the bus stop, so assuming that it was not the one, i continued further. Once when the bus had started to pass Worksop bus stop, i had this uneasy feeling. The feeling which signaled me that i might have missed the stop. Oh well, without much fuss, I got off the bus on the next stop (which is very FAR away from the High St bus stop!) . The weather was lovely and i was feeling quite good in myself, so i did not complain of having to walk a few extra miles.

After about 10 minutes walk, i got to the right bus stop. Right. According to the google map, i have to head southeast and then turn left when i found Florence Ave. Confident with my not-so-good bearing, i walked along the road. I walked up and down the hill, assuring myself that i will find it soon. However, after long minutes of walking, i realized that i am going no where. In fact, i realized that i was actually walking in circles! Argh. Somehow, stupid-me refused to ask any of the passerby for direction. I assured myself, ok lets do this one more time. Then, if i get lost again, i'll get some help. Again, i tried to follow the instructions provided my the google map dutifully, and again, surprise surprise, i found myself lost in the middle of swallownest.

Ok. Don't panic. I rang Elly, trying to get some help. She told me to ask the local people as they will know better than her. Obviously, she was correct. Hence, defeated, i walked around the Coopland and managed to bump into a man, who seems nice enough to approach. And, alhamdulillah, he was a very very nice man.

He insisted on showing me the way despite the fact that he did not know where it was. In fact, he was the one who asked around for directions for me. First, he asked this couple, and then a group of young lads joined the discussion. Funny, seeing how all of them trying to solve my problem. Alhamdulillah, one of the lads know where it was and showed me the direction. Apparently, i had been walking towards the opposite direction! No wonder i failed to find the place! Huhu.

Perhaps the nice old man noticed the confused look on my face when the young man explained to me how to get there. Hence, he offered to drive me there. I know, i know. We are not supposed to trust strangers. Let alone to accept the offer to ride on the car with a stranger whom ive just got to know a few minutes ago. But, i was too knackered at that time. My legs were aching, and i guess without thinking much, i accepted this man's offer. He seems nice, but again, i know, looks can be deceiving. Huhu. I know, that was a stupid and risky thing to do, but i did not have much choice. I was too tired..But then, all in all, he drove me safely to the health centre and even showed to me the direction to go home. Such a nice guy, he was. I owe him big time..

And now i know where to go on Wednesday. Despite the laziness which is conquering me right now, i am quite looking forward for this placement. I want to be the best. I want to strive for the best. InsyaAllah, with His help, i will. =)

4 comments:

ihsan_huhu said...

saya pengomen setia... hoho

aliaa85 said...

haha. ihsan mmg sungguh setia mengomen walaupun komen kau sebenarnye tak komen apa2. haha

Anonymous said...

ni alasan nk beli n95 ke??
hehehehe

aliaa85 said...

haha. cis incik jonny. mana ada! that is not my intention ok. hehe