CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

netball maniac, i am.

Sheffield netballers.

i'm crazy about netball. crazy enough to be writing one special post about it in my blog. haha.

i still remember, the first time i learned how to play netball was aaaaaaaages ago! hehe. I was in Standard 5 (11 y/o) back then. It was during our PE. Cikgu Nazri was the man who is responsible for this addiction of mine. I can still vividly remember the first time I tried to shoot the ball trough the net. The ball went into the hoop (yay!! hehe) , but as it got tru the hoop, it 'successfully' hit Cikgu Nazri's head! Owch!! Hehehe. Sorry cikgu. That was not done on purpose. Hehe.

Til then, I started to be obsessed with netball. I joined the primary school's netball team, and remember going to the MSSD tournaments. And then, as I got into high school, without much thought, I registered myself for the netball club. And, alhamdulillah, managed to play for the school as well. And again, I spent almost every afternoon (or alternate afternoon or so. dah tak ingat!) to practice at the netball court. Main sampai hitam. Hahah. Campur lagi dengan hitam berkawat almost setiap petang. Extra hitam dan berkilat. Hahahhaa. How my parents (esp my dad) was furious when he see how 'tanned' her daughter has become! Hehehhe.

Right after secondary school, I went to Kolej Mara Banting. And yea, you got it right. I joined the netball club as well, and played for college. I can remember how Izyan and I religiously went for the netball practice twice a week. Since there's nothing much really to do in KMB, the day that i look forward to the most at that time was the day when I have netball practice in the afternoon. Don't ask me why. It just lift my spirit.

And it still does. Now i am in Uni of Sheffield, I am still actively playing netball. And, subhanAllah, all of the Sheffield team players are amazingly SUPERB!!! That just makes me loveeeeeeee netball more. hehehe. But sadly, majority of them are going home this year. Huhu. I wonder if we still manage to get enough people to form a proper netball team. Seriously, i just can't imagine how BORING my life would be next year if there's no more netball.Warghhhh.

Why do I love it so much?
I don't know, really. I just love the idea of having to run and jump to catch the ball. It just makes me feel so free. So light. So alive! Hehe. And if I get to shoot the ball tru the hoop, that will be an extra pinch of satisfaction to me. hehehe.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.