CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Adult? Start acting like one.

Holiday is over. I had the most marvellous 5 weeks off from books, and lectures and placements and assignments. Ahhh. Heaven!

Today, I officially am a Phase 3B medical student. Another 1 year and a half to go. I can't believe it. It feels so near! I don't know if I am well equiped enough in terms of knowledge and skills to be a doctor. A good doctor. Not just any doctor. Every medical graduates can be a doctor but not all of them can be a GOOD doctor.

Hmm. Our first day is not packed at all. Surprisingly, we only have 3 lectures! And it even starts late! At 10 am!! Ahhh, amazing! The first lecture was on Acute coronary syndrome and it hit me. I NEED to get my nose back to books. ASAP! The holiday certainly has punctured holes in my brain. I feel as if all of my knowledge has seeped out!!

Dr C gave us the second lecture. Well, its not really a lecture. It was basically an introduction to the newly developed Masterclass ILA.

"You are going to apply for job later this year," Says Dr C

Those words just give me goosebumps! Me? Work? As a doctor? Are you kidding me? I feel so invalid at that moment. Can I just be a student, and NOT work, like ever? Huhu. The responsibilities that are looking over me are so daunting. I am dealing with human's life, for god sake. Dammit. I have to work hard. hardER!

Anyways, Dr C was so pissed off at us this morning. What a great start. We've successfully made our professor angry at us on the first day of the new semester. Splendid.

Well, this is how it goes. We were given prior notice on Minerva during the winter break to make 2 selections for our ILAs. Which we did. What the medical school failed to tell us is that the system is first come first serve basis. And that just makes all of us (oh well, not all maybe. some , perhaps) go all fury. They complain that this is not fair and yada yada yada. The thing is, they complained right to the face of Dr C. The ILA Co-ordinator. Not a smart move, huh.

Some of the students went all ballistic, arguing about all sort of things.

"What if the ILA is clashed with a compulsary teaching?"

"Then you need to find a way to handle that" Replied Dr C.

The whole class went crazy. Expressing their unsatisfaction. Everyone started to talk at the same time. All of a sudden, Dr C went completely furious with the class and shout.

"It is about time you guys start to live in the REAL world. ...yada yada yada.. And you BLOODY HELL will manage it. ...yada yada yada...Stop acting like some USELESS KIDS, which you are NOT.Act like a professional"

Those words of his shut all of us up. We were all stunned. Silence filled the air. I guess, everyone was just holding their breath. Trying to sink in what he had just said to us.

Rough? I don't think so. He is right. We need to start acting like an adult. Huhu.

3 comments:

Zu Nurain Ahmad said...

hi kak Aliaa =)
dh lame bce blog ni..
bru arini rasa nk comment,hihi..
maken menakutkan lah medic ni..
bile naek taun baru rse mcm dh lupe je ape yg blaja lepas2..
mcm mne nk hafal drugs yg melambak tuu.
Pharma menakutkann =(
ade tips tk?

aliaa85 said...

heloo! hehe. hmm tu lah. makin naik tahun, makin banyak kene tahu. scary kannnn. tapi takpe, insyaAllah, this is all worth it kan? hehe. tips pharma? hmm, belajar drugs ikut penyakit lagi senang daripada nak belajar pasal drugs by itself. paham ke? apa2 hal, ym je la akak okiess.

ihsan_huhu said...

kl nk igt try r satu2...

kes2