CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sleepless nights

I was fast asleep when i suddenly woke up to the sound of the ambulance siren wailing through the stillness of the night. Tried to sleep again, but I failed. I forced myself to sleep again, but only my eyes were tightly shut, but my mind was wide awake. My mind had wandered off to a place which is thousand miles away. To a far away land. A land where the word peace nor justice serves no meaning. A land where tyranny and oppression is a norm.

Many times at night, I was unintentionally taken to this far away land. The screeching sound of the wailing ambulance siren was disturbing enough for me. Whatmore the sound of bombings or explosions. I wonder if they are ever able to sleep at night, without having to feel any fear of being killed the very next minute.

Their life is being ruthlessly intruded by a troop of heartless army, led by a cold-blooded leader. They have to live their life in fear constantly. They have to see their families being killed mercilessly. They have to starve cause they know if they step out of their house, they will have to face the shower of hundreds of bullets or missiles. Living in their own homes, even, does not guarantee safety. No place is safe anymore. One of the Palestinians even said, the only way to be safe is to die.

I can't imagine having to live that kind of life. It is too scary even just to imagine it. But this is our brothers and sisters we are talking about. Even though they are not related by blood, but we are united as one by the name of Islam. We should be ashamed of ourselves if we don't feel a thing for them.

We are lucky enough to be able to live in peace. But don't be fooled. Maybe, the Palestinians are the lucky ones. Allah has given them a chance of martyr. Now,they have something farly more precious that we don't. To die for the sake of Allah. SubhanAllah. One could not ask for more.

2 comments:

ihsan_huhu said...

hmm.. outcry after outcry but no action.

shame on us

aliaa85 said...

i know. i feel so helpless. talking won't do much.