CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 14, 2009

Its slipping away

Oh no. Ramadhan is coming to its end. Interesting, how my feelings towards Ramadhan changes as I grow older. I remember how it was back when I was a child, or even as a teenager. Ramadhan was viewed solely as a month where I can have nothing to eat nor drink. I used to whine everytime papa forced us to go to terawih at the mosque during the nights of Ramadhan. And when Ramadhan ended, I was so happy that I finally got to eat again. Huhu. Teruk betul.

But now, things have changed.

I finally got to understand why Ramadhan is associated as the holy month. The ni'mah of fasting throughout the day. The ni'mah of breaking the fast after a long day of fasting, even if it is just with a sip of water. The ni'mah of reading Quran after every prayers, especially during the night. The ni'mah of Tarawih, especially when it is done in congregation. The ni'mah of Lailatul Qadr, that is if we are lucky enough to meet the sacred night. The ni'mah are unbeatable. They are undescribable. They are beyond words, subhanAllah.

And now Ramadhan is slipping away. In few more days, it will be gone. But just because Ramadhan is gone, it does not mean our 'amal ibadah has to be put on hold til the next Ramadhan comes! Lets all hope that Allah will make us istiqamah with our amal ibadah. We do need them as much as we can for our next stop.