CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 14, 2009

Not ready to be one

I was booking a slot for my job interview this morning, when it hits me. I am not ready to be an adult.

I know, yes, I am 24. But the number 24, as cliche as it sounds, is afterall, just a number. It doesn't reflect who I am.

And now I am 1 month away from my written finals. 5 months away from my OSCE finals. 8 months away from stepping into the working world, that is if I pass insyaAllah. Which sounds scary for now. The prospect of working is giving me butterflies. I feel nauseated even from thinking about it. I am dealing with people's lives here. One wrong step, and I'll be done.

And I have a post allocation interview a few days after my written finals. I've already got a post in Yorkshire region, for those of you who do not know. And now this interview will determine which deanery I am going to work for.

And I also have that huge decision to be made.

And I just feel overwhelmed. I am freaking out, thinking I am so not ready for this!

No, I am not ready to be an adult.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

berusaha kak aliaaa

ihsan_huhu said...

fullamak~!

Anonymous said...

not ready to be an adult? yup, tell me about it.
or is it just a being-final-year-student syndrome? i dont know.but i dare say i understand a tiny miny bit of what you're feeling right now.its just too scary to even think about the future.
however so,la tahzan.you'll find your way.have faith :)

MSI said...

And I also have that huge decision to be made.

- aim for the mountain... :)

eantyca_82 said...

The only person that stands in your way is your goodself.dont worry too much cik ya, do it slowly but surely.ull reach the top, insya Allah. ur juz getting cold feet now but am sure ull get over it! ;)

kalau tak mcm mana i dah boleh jadi adult? at least i think i am :P surely ur hingus will kering soon.hihihi.ill supply u as much tissue paper as possible aitee!

p/s - i graduated yesterday. yippieee! :D

aliaa85 said...

eica: makaceyy. chayo2!
ihsan: wohoo.
anonymous: thanx. i guess it is a part of final year syndrome. hehe. good luck to u too.
shahnom: uuu, decision apa tu? nak tau sket. hehe
eza: oh u graduated yesterday? katne? ada ceremony ke? pictures pleaseeee :)