CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ramadhan is here :)

I miss having mama or papa knocking on my door, 15 - 30 minutes before Fajr, waking me up for Sahur.

I miss going to Bazaar Ramadhan with either one of my siblings, bringing back home plastic bags filled with variety of kuih muih, only later to be scolded by mama because we bought a bit too many.

I miss breaking fast with all of the 12 familiar faces (including aqef, adam and the in laws), eating mama's delicious cooking.

I miss rushing to the nearby mosque in our kain sembahyang for tarawikh congregation and rushing back home after completing 8 rakaah of tarawih.

I miss the fun of baking cookies with mama and siblings in the kitchen, especially when I got to be the 'taster' if I am on my 'break'.

I miss the excitement of balik kampung, a few days before Raya.

I miss the joy of celebrating raya with my loved ones back at home.

Sigh. I certainly do miss quite a number of things. I could go on forever and the list will never end! Perhaps I should be thankful with what I have in front of me, instead of complaining and whining over the things that I don't have.

Ramadhan is making me feel a bit homesick. Moreover with all of those people over there, when I am stranded over here. I just can't help but feeling a bit left out.

Oh well, anyway I do hope that this Ramadhan will be better than the previous ones. A sacred month which doesn't come knocking on our door often must never be wasted.

*30 days to go!Oh, looks like I am already starting to counting the days*

Salams

0 comments: