CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

a&e rotation

I am starting my first day of Accident & Emergency Medicine rotation tomorrow. And boy, am I excited and nervous about it! I have done A&E a couple of times back home in Malaysia. Once for my Option and the second time for my Elective. Yeah, I enjoyed it so much that I did it twice. I guess I just love the adrenaline rush. The fact that we have no idea what could come through the doors. The fact that everything needs to be done STAT. The fact that every second matters. It was certainly an exhilarating experience to me.

From the next 4 weeks, I will be able to find out if A&E here is any different from A&E in Malaysia. Jihan said that it is. It might not be as adventurous as in Malaysia, that's what she said. Well, I will know for sure starting from tomorrow.

I am quite nervous as well. I have spent my weekend not doing anything at all. I also did not do any reading during my lecture week. I can only remember rather vaguely whatever that had been taught during the lectures. I seriously do hope they would not bombard me with much questions tomorrow. I am just about to start my rusty engine. It has gone quite rusty for 2 months now!!

And I do hope I get myself a nice SHO. And I do hope I will be able to get through it well, especially during the Ramadhan period. Oh Allah, I do need your help. Make me a stronger person please,emotionally and physically.

0 comments: